September 25th, 2016
DavyMarkham have been appointed as a contractor on the £multi-million project for the design and build of a replacement bridge between Albert Dock and the East Float (Peel Ports), Birkenhead, Wirral (A554).
DavyMarkham will Design, Manufacture, Supply, Install, Test and Commission the Complete M&E Supply including:
• Critical mechanical elements
• Hydraulic cylinders and operating system
• Electrical power and control systems
• Traffic management systems
• Security management systems
Replacing the bridge with a modern structure will remove current height restrictions, reduce future maintenance costs, associated traffic congestion and provide improved facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.
Site-work is expected to commence
April 2017 and completion is estimated for September 2017.